Day of Giving
A Great Use of Social Media
The RHI Foundation hosts an annual Day of Giving to celebrate and raise funds to continue our incredible work and mission. Through this support, when someone in our community needs intensive physical medicine and rehabilitation—from a spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, stroke, amputation, organ transplant, or any other illness or injury—RHI provides the best possible patient care, outcomes and experience in the Midwest.
A Live Social Media-thon
Like a telethon or radio-thon, RHI’s Day of Giving is a social media-thon. On this day, we host hourly interviews on the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana’s Facebook page. This is a public page, so anyone can watch, even if they don’t have a Facebook account. All are encouraged to help share these stories with their circle of friends and family and help us raise funds to continue our important work for patients yet to come. From 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, at the top of the hour, we go live with our interviews:
- Past patients and their families share their journey of recovery and the impact RHI has made in their lives
- Clinicians share why they love RHI and the impact their work has on our patients and families
- Board members share why they have a passion for RHI’s mission, volunteer their time, and invest their money in the RHI Foundation
- Corporate sponsors share why they support the RHI Foundation and partner with us to further the mission of RHI
Interviews remain on the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana’s Facebook page so friends can continue sharing even after the Day of Giving is over.
2020 Giving Day
This year's Giving Day will be held on Thursday, September 17th from 8:00 am - 6:00pm. With plenty of ways to donate, you can help fund many of the necessities RHI needs to help our patients every day. Just like every year, we will be live on our Facebook page with interviews from patietns and staff, at the top of the hour. Make sure to tune in and look for ways you can be a part of this year's Giving Day!
Where the Dollars Go
- Spinal Cord Injury Model Systems (SCIMS): Fund research that will position RHI to become an SCIMS hospital. SCIMS hospitals are leaders in cutting-edge research and drivers of premiere achievements in clinical care and outcomes for patients with SCI.
- MedBridge: An online education platform that offers clinical and professional development for Nursing and Therapy.
- Patient Assistance: Providing patients in need with sneakers for therapy, warm clothing for regulating temperature, and medication, or home equipment.
Ways You Can Help
- Payroll Deduction: We will be at the hospital entrance Monday - Thursday (Aug. 31 - Sept. 3) at 7:00 am - 9:00 am and 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm. We will be by the cafeteria Monday - Friday (Aug. 31 - Sept. 4) 11:30 am - 1:00 pm. Receive a T-shirt for payroll deducations of $75 or more!
- Host a Bake Sale with your department!
- Host a Donut Sale with your department!
- Get creative with hosting a "Silly Sock" or "Fun Hat" day or other ideas for a dollar amount through your department! Be sure to clear your idea with HR.
- Run a "selfie" challenge!
- Let Sharon Claassen (x2212) in the Foundation know what day you are hosting a fundraiser and we will get it on our Giving Day Countdown Calendar and help promote it!