Enhanced Visitor Restrictions effective Thursday March 24th, 2022.
Thank you for assisting RHI in keeping you and our patients safe. This is our top priority! During your visit to our facility, please be mindful of your surroundings and follow recommended practices. If at any time RHI finds we are unable to maintain safe practices and social distancing during visitation, we reserve the right to implement further restrictive measures.
Hospital Visitation Guidelines
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
General Visitor Guidelines for All Patients WITHOUT COVID-19
- Surgical mask required for entry (Cloth masks are not permitted unless used in conjunction with a hospital approved mask.)
- Sanitize hands upon entry
- Two (2) visitors per patient at a time
- All visitors and vendors must check in at the INFORMATION DESK
- All outpatient appointments proceed to OUTPATIENT REGISTRATION
- No overnight stays
Please do not enter if you have recently been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or if you are currently ill or have experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days. Instead, please contact your healthcare provider for further instructions.
*RHI reserves the right to refuse visitation at our discretion*
General Visitor Guidelines for Patients WITH COVID-19
Anyone visiting COVID-19 patient rooms must wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by RHI to ensure safety during the visit.
All visitors to COVID-19 patient rooms must check in at the nurses station before entering the patient's room. A hospital team member will help the visitor put on all required PPE. Before leaving the patient's room, visitors should call a nurse or hospital team member to assist with removing PPE safely.
Patients with COVID-19 WHO ARE NOT undergoing aerosol-generating procedures:
- Adult patients may have up to two visitors at a time.
- No overnight visitors are allowed.
Patients with COVID-19 WHO ARE getting aerosol-generating procedures (AGPs):
- May have up to two visitors at a time.
- Visitors may not enter the room during the procedure; they must wait until the appropriate post-AGP exposure period has passed.
- Hospital staff will assist with appropriate PPE for visitors of patients on continuous AGPs.
- Overnight visitors are not permitted for COVID-19 patients who are in airborne isolation due to AGPs.
- Exceptions may be approved by CNO/Medical Director in consultation with Infection Prevention.
- All visitors and vendors must check in at the INFORMATION DESK.
In response to changes in guidelines for masking and social distancing by the CDC and IUH, RHI has decided to implement the same recommendations to prevent further spread of the delta variant in Indiana. With delta surging and vaccination rates slowing, masks provide another layer of protection in the fight against COVID-19.
Effective immediately the following guidelines will be enforced:
- Anyone entering an RHI Facility is required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- Surgical or exam masks should be worn in patient care facilities, which is any area where a patient may enter to receive care.
- Surgical, exam, or cloth masks are allowed in non-clinical facilities where patients do not receive care.
- If you need to remove your mask for any emergent reason, or to eat or drink, make sure you are at least 6 feet away from other people.
RHI requires proper mask etiquette at all times while in this facility.
If you are physically unable to wear a mask we regret that you will not be able to enter our hospital. However, RHI is committed to providing options to facilitate visitation including virtual visits. Please contact us for further information.