RHI Earns Three-Year CARF Accreditation
Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana (RHI) is committed to delivering high quality services to our persons served. We are equally committed to maintaining a high level of quality standards for business practice.
We are proud to demonstrate this commitment by achieving CARF accreditation for the following:
- Brain Injury Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Amputation Specialty Programs (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Brain Injury Specialty (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Children and Adolescents)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Spinal Cord Specialty Program (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Spinal Cord Specialty Program (Children and Adolescents)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Stroke Specialty Program (Children and Adolescents)
- Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Adults)
- Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs: Spinal Cord Specialty Program (Adults)
- Governance Standards Applied
The latest accreditation is the 7th consecutive Three-Year Accreditation that the international accrediting body, CARF, has given to RHI.
By pursuing and achieving accreditation, RHI has demonstrated that it meets international standards and is committed to pursuing excellence. We are beyond thankful for the recognition received from CARF International, and the opportunity to further our services through the recommendations provided from them. We are extremely grateful for the kind and observant comments made by the CARF surveyor which included:
- “Excellent transition of patient/clients from inpatient to outpatient with staff being very well prepared.”
- “I’ve never seen research implemented as quickly from the table to clinical implementation on the inpatient and the outpatient side.”
- “Script Center is not anything we have seen… pharmacy really drives a patent centered approach… excellent.”
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion committee are highly passionate and committed, great executive involvement, board access, living connection as to why this is important to the organization. Had a wonderful discussion with the members.”
This accreditation decision represents the highest level of accreditation that can be given to an organization’s substantial conformance to the CARF standards. An organization receiving a Three-Year Accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process. It has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit its commitment to offering programs and services that are measurable, accountable, and of the highest quality.
About CARF International
CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served. Founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and now known as CARF International, the accrediting body establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services.
About Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana
Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana (RHI) is thirty-year community collaboration between Indiana University Health and Ascension St. Vincent. RHI has two locations to serve patients, offering a full range of acute inpatient, outpatient and vocational rehabilitation services for adults with life-changing illness and injuries due to brain injury, spinal cord, stroke, amputation, orthopedic conditions, neuromuscular disease, burns and related disabilities. For more information on RHI contact 317-329-2000, visit the RHI website at https://www.rhirehab.com, or follow RHI on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.