After You Are Discharged
Here For You Even After You Go Home
Your long-term success is important to our entire team as you transition home or to your next level of care. Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana (RHI) offers several resources to you following your inpatient rehabilitation stay.
Post-Acute Outpatient Therapy for Spinal Cord Injury
RHI continues to care for patients even after they're discharged through Outpatient Therapy, which is provided at the following outpatient facilities:
Specialized Outpatient Programs for Spinal Cord Injury
The following are details on some of the Specialized Outpatient Programs that might be appropriate for your post-discharge treatment regimen:
Driver Rehabilitation Program
RHI’s Driver Rehabilitation Program is dedicated to promoting safety and independence in driving. Our specially trained occupational therapists address the visual, cognitive and physical impairments that affect an individual’s ability to drive. We utilize vehicles with state-of-the-art adaptive equipment and computer systems that can be modified to meet the needs of the individuals we serve. The program includes:
- State-of-the-art van with advanced equipment and computer systems
- Screening of vision, motor, and cognitive limitations
- Screening of judgment, safety, and knowledge of the rules of the road
- Behind-the-wheel evaluation with an occupational therapist and certified driving instructor
- Modified vehicles to enhance independence with driving
- Behind-the-wheel training as needed with an occupational therapist or certified driving instructor
- Courtesy drive at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Provides adaptive workout equipment for persons with disabilities
- Every Tuesday/Thursday from 5:00 - 6:00 pm at our Eagle Highlands facility
RHI Sports Program
The Adaptive Sports Program offers adaptive sports including fencing, archery, hand cycling, waterskiing, wheelchair tennis, wheelchair basketball, track, wheelchair racing, quad rugby, power soccer, and beep basketball. For more information, contact Jeanine Stellmack at 317-329-2281 or Jeanine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wheelchair Seating & Positioning Clinic
RHI provides a comprehensive Wheelchair Seating & Positioning Clinic for new wheelchairs or seating modifications. RHI has therapists who are Assistive Technology Practitioners with advanced training and certification in seating and positioning. Evaluation and recommendations are completed and sent to your physician for approval of medical necessity. We take a team approach involving you, OT, PT, the wheelchair vendor (client's choice) and your physician.
General Physiatry Clinic
The General Physiatry Clinic is designed to support the delivery of individualized programs of care for patients suffering from back pain and musculoskeletal conditions. The goal is to address issues up-front so that patients can fully participate in their recovery and be themselves again.